Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Everybody Read This! Dance December Announcements

On this day in 1955, Rosa Parks refused to give up her seat.  Today's also my mom's birthday.  And the first night of Hanukkah.  (The first night of Hanukkah is not always on December 1; since the hebrew calendar is a lunar calendar, one date on it does not correspond to any particular date on the Gregorian calendar.)

But most importantly, today marks the beginning of Dance December, a not particularly original concept that I came up with to make my blog even more awesome.  (I've never heard of it before, but I wouldn't be surprised if somebody's already thought of it.)

Throughout Dance December, I'm going to post a video-of-the-day every day.  Here's today's.

I welcome suggestions for videos:  you can email me at solomonsucceeds@gmail.com or message me on Facebook.

Also email me if you dance, and want to be featured in Dance December.  I could videotape you, or interview you, or both!

Also if you want to write/submit an essay or article about dancing, I might publish it!  For instance, you could write something about Shaker dances.  (There's a lot of stuff you could say about them!)

Any ideas for Dance December that don't fall into these categories?  Email me!